Root Samsung Galaxy S i9000
1. Download One click root tool for SGS GT-I9000
2. Download Dot net framework v4
if you dont have already.
3. Enable USB Debugging mode. To do that, Go to Menu
and check USB Debugging
4. Download USB Device Drivers for Windows
. Skip this step if you already have Samsung Kies.
5. Using the USB cable, connect your phone to your PC.
6. Launch Galaxy S I9000 One-Click Root executable from the downloaded tool.
7. Click on the button One click Root 2.1 (for Eclair) and One Click Root 2.2 (for Froyo)
8. Your Device will now restart automatically in recovery mode. Follow the instructions to apply update.zip
and press Home key in middle bottom.
9. The phone will boot again and you will now have a rooted Samsung galaxy S i9000!
10. Look for SuperUser Permission app which confirms successful rooting.
In case you wish to unroot your device, then you will have to perform all the steps listed above and select the UnRoot option.